FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
The mission of the Mount Olive Public Library is to promote education and enjoyment through reading. We will provide continual enrichment through active participation in maintain and improving our services by means of updated materials and new technologies.
Begun as a reading center in 1971, the Mount Olive Public Library was established in 1975 as a member of Illinois Heartland Library System (formerly known as Lewis & Clark Library System).
The Mount Olive Public Library is governed by the Library Board of Trustees which operate under Illinois statutes 720 5/16B-1 et al Section D
The Mount Olive Public Library Board of Trustees meet on the first Tuesday of each month excluding August at 7:00 pm in the Library Meeting Room. Current trustees are Tammy Pickerill, Chairperson; Linda Walker, Vice Chairman; Linda Hasquin, Treasurer; Helen Stilwell, Secretary; Cindy DeBoard; Mike Makuta; Joyce Thomas; Bill Vogt; and Jay Weber.
Library Staff - 3 part time employees
Debbie Hendricks - Director
TBD - Assistant Director/Children's Programming
Cheryl Robertson - Library Clerk
The library is funded through the city of Mt. Olive property tax revenue, fundraisers, grants, donations and memorials. The total amount of our operating budget is $34,500.00
Mount Olive Public Library is located at 100 North Plum, Mount Olive IL 62069
We are required to report and be answerable for our operations to the Illinois Heartland Library System; Illinois State Library, Springfield, IL specifically the State Librarian, Jesse White (Secretary of State) and the Director of the Illinois State Library.
MAKING A FOIA REQUEST
- Requests must be in writing via mail, personal delivery, fax or email. Include your name, address and phone number.
- Submit your request to Debbie Hendricks, FOIA officer
- Indicate whether the request has a "commercial purpose"
- Specify the request to be disclosed for inspection or to be copied. If you desire that any records be notarized, you must specify which ones.
- To reimburse us our actuals costs for reproducing and notarizing (if requested) the records, you will be charged the following fees $1.00 charge for each notarized copy.
- No charge for the first fifty (50) pages of black and white text either letter or legal size. Each additional copy in excess of 50 pages is $ .15 per page.
- Electronic records may be requested in a specific form and, in feasible, they will be so provided, but, if not, they will be provided either in the electronic format in which they are kept (you would be required to pay the actual cost of the medium only i.e. disk, tape, flash drive, etc.) or in the paper form.
- Response to a written request will be within five (5) working (Monday - Friday) days or sooner, if possible. An extension of an addition five (5) working (Monday - Friday) days may be necessary to properly respond.
- Records may be inspected or copied. If inspected, an employee must be present throughout the inspection.
- Place and times where records are available:
Mount Olive Public Library
100 North Plum
Mount Olive IL 62069
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
10 am - 5 pm
Certain types of information maintained by the Mount Olive Public Library are exempt from inspection and copying.